You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The night market at hilltop Asian restaurant Yamashiro back for 2018 every Thursday, from 5 to 9 p.m., through September 27. Angelenos can enjoy a farmers market, freshly prepared foods and Yamashiro’s unbeatable views of Hollywood.
2. [6 p.m.] Come to the Frogtown Brewery this Thursday for Retro Game Night where they’ll be hosts a Tetris Battle Gaiden for Super Famicom. Free to join and Maravilla Latin Cuisine food truck will be on-site for those who need to grab a bite.
3. [7 p.m.] Visit Eastown in Hollywood for Animals, Embers & Green Things this Thursday. Part of Feastown Collective’s Dinner & Story Series, Chef Royce Burke will offer up a casual “kamayan style” grilling event inspired by Argentinian asado with a twist.
4. [7 p.m.] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles is hosting Mexican Street Food of L.A.: Elotes, Discrimination and Politics this Thursday. The event will touch on what the future of street vending will look like in L.A. while featuring food samples from local Boyle Heights street vendors.
5. [8:30 p.m.] Marijuana Madness is an innovative burlesque and live music show coming to Harvelle’s in Santa Monica. Travel back in time to 1937, when National Marijuana Prohibition became American law. Learn the truth behind the mass propaganda that insisted that cannabis led to moral decay and debauchery, resulting in persecution of marijuana users.
6. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
7. [various] The TCM Classic Film Festival, will return to Los Angeles from April 26 to 29 bringing over 80 movie screenings — including new restorations of landmark films — and panel discussions at several iconic Hollywood venues.
8. [various] Happy Place has found a new home at LA Live’s Event Deck, opening on April 26 and running through May 27 the very Instagram friendley experience will feature a giant pot of gold and indoor confetti dome, a bath tub filled with rubber duckies and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Pasadena’s One Colorado hosts its first-ever Happy Hour Week from April 25-May 1 offering live entertainment and specially priced drinks and bites from local restaurants.
10. [various] Immerse yourself in eight days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from April 23-30.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $8 tix for Eat|See|Hear outdoor movies in Santa Monica (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.