It’s a holiday Sunday, which means that the sum of your plans might just be relaxing on the couch flipping back and forth between the Dodger game and the NBA playoffs. But, if you’re reading this article, then you must be looking for something to do.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (April 17) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Whatever you, enjoy your day, and happy Easter!
Things To Do For Sunday
Put An Egg On Everything Day at Smorgasburg LA -> Smorgasburg is open on Easter Sunday and will host their annual “Put An Egg On Everything Day” where a number of vendors will add egg-themed specials to their menus. Highlights include a chilaquiles burrito from Evil Cooks’ famous stuffed with potato flautas made by Los Dorados; egg topped bungkus from Bungkus Bagus; a breakfast sandwich from Picnic Sandwich; and a Vietnamese egg coffee from Be Bright Coffee. In addition, Compton pit-master Kevin Bludso will be on site selling and signing copies of his brand new cookbook “Bludso’s BBQ Cookbook” while offering BBQ specials of his own to the public.
Renaissance Pleasure Faire -> April 16-17 is Pirate Weekend at Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area. In addition to a special pirate-themed costume contest (Arrrrr!) expect the usual assortment of 100+ artisans, merchants, and vendors, plus games, rides, and of course the food court. Adult single-day admission starts at $38. More info here.
Easter Egg Hunt at Santa Anita-> This Sunday, Santa Anita Park will host an Easter egg hunt featuring over 35,000 Easter eggs. Easter Sunday event will also include arts and crafts, egg decorating and sand art, carnival rides, a pony ride and a baby goats exhibit. Admission to the infield is $5, and each Easter Hunt package is $4. Get more info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
Chances are if you have Easter Sunday plans, you’re pretty locked in for today… religious services, family gatherings, brunch reservations, etc… That said, the L.A.-area weather is supposed to be gorgeous (71 and party sunny), and just about perfect for an outdoor amble. And now that my L.A. on Foot series has a total of seven walks it seems like a perfect chance to recap those by way of suggestion in today’s bullet list. So, some ideas…
- A 3.1-mile walk in Culver City that takes you from the Ballona Creek through Downtown to the Hobbit Houses and back.
- A 3.2-mile walk in Studio City that takes you by the Brady Bunch House, Ventura Boulevard, and Campo de Cahuenga.
- A 2.9-mile walk from the Santa Monica Stairs to the Annenberg Beach House and back.
- A 1.9-mile walk in Silver Lake that takes you up the Music Box Steps, Micheltorena Stairs, and a few other urban staircases.
- A 2.9-mile walk from Fern Dell to the Griffith Observatory and back.
- A 2.4-mile walk in Frogtown that takes you along the L.A. River Path.
- A 1-mile loop around Echo Park Lake.
Do you read the We Like L.A. newsletter? Every Monday and Thursday we send the best things to do in Los Angeles straight to your inbox! Sign-up here