What happened this week in Los Angeles? Well, Colossus caught fire, a woman threatened to poop on her neighbor’s doorstep, there’s a free Nutella truck on it’s way, and and of course just a quick reminder it’s going to get really, REALLY hot this weekend in L.A.
All, that plus everything else you might have missed!
And remember, if you enjoy catching up on everything and want to make it a part of your routine, be sure to add your email to our list below. We’ll send you this updated rundown every Friday, so you won’t even have to think about it. 🙂
Stories starts after the jump.
[Here’s last week’s rundown if you need to catch up on the last two weeks]
- If you didn’t feel it already, it’s going to get really, REALLY hot this weekend in L.A. [welikela.com]
- For those who actually like walking, here’s a map of all the pedestrian crossings and bridges in L.A. [welikela.com]
- For the bibliophiles out there: The 12 best bookstores in Los Angeles [welikela.com]
- Golden State: an awe-inspiring video of California’s diverse natural beauty [welikela.com]
- Urban farming has come to L.A. and this is what it looks like [welikela.com]
- U.S. News and World Reports says UCLA outranks USC among top colleges [laweekly.com]
- Drivers and cyclists be advised, the new “3-feet” law is here [latimes.com]
- LAX’s terminal 2 is getting a makeover and this is what it looks like [la.curbed.com]
- FYI: The city is now offering free smoking alarms to all citizens [abc7.com]
- The weirdest thing you can do in L.A. this weekend [laist.com]
- So Colossus caught fire this week, and this is what that looked like [laist.com]
- File under A for adorable: farm animals take the Metro to the L.A. County Fair [laist.com]
- 5 fascinating insects you didn’t even realize lived in L.A. [kcet.org]
- So apparently California is the top state for geniuses… who knew? [laweekly.com]
- Turns out you can fly-fish on the L.A. river... and it’s pretty damn cool [laweekly.com]
- Got the munchies? Marijuana pizza has arrived in Los Angeles [laweekly.com]
- Woman threatens to poop on doorstep of next person who doesn’t clean up after their dog [laist.com]
- The Nutella Truck is a real thing and it’s going to be in L.A. this weekend offering free samples [laist.com]
This week’s photo, one of the most iconic roller coasters of it’s era, set ablaze.
That's one way to get colossus down pic.twitter.com/cLrfMJzNhj
— Tony Slauson (@tslauson7) September 8, 2014
If you want to put your photo out there for us to feature, just make sure to use hashtag #WeLikeLA on Instagram or twitter, or simply send it our way via message on Facebook or by posting it to our page.
Thanks, and we’ll see you next week!