Truth be told it’s always more fun when you’re exploring Los Angeles while saving a few precious dollars in the process.
So as you’re planning out how to spend your next month in the city of angels we strongly encourage you to keep track of all the free activities and to-dos that are on the calendar.
And trust us… there are A LOT!
To that end, below we’ve cataloged a link list of free things to do in June we think are worthy of keeping on your radar.
Hope it’s helpful!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
1. [JUN 1] Band of Horses Live at Amoeba.
2. [JUN 2] Hauser Wirth & Schimmel outdoor music series in the Arts District (continues every Thursday throughout the summer)
3. [JUN 3] Downtown Dark Nights at L.A. LIVE.
4. [JUN 3] All Space Considered at The Griffith Observatory.
5. [JUN 5-11] Intrude, a giant bunny sculpture installation coming to DTLA.
6. [JUN 9] Downtown Art Walk.
7. [JUN 11] Make Music Pasadena.
8. [JUN 12] Ranger Ernie leads at 4-mile hike to Coolidge Trail.
9. [JUN 14] Guided Sunset Walk at Griffith Observatory.
10. [JUN 17] Odd Nights at The Autry.
11. [JUN 18] KCRW Summer Nights at Chinatown Central Plaza.
12. [JUN 19] Beat Swap Meet as part of 4 Days of Hip-Hop Dance presented by The Music Center and Grand Park.
13. [JUN 19] Smorgasburg LA Opens.
14. [JUN 21] Moonlight Movies on the Beach screens Pirates of the Caribbean – The Cruse of the Black Pearl.
15. [JUN 23] The Silver Lake Picture Show screens Raider of the Lost Ark.
16. [JUN 25] Harry Potter Night at The Last Bookstore.
17. [JUN 26] Ranger Ernie leads a 7-mile hike to The Water Tank in Griffith Park.
18. [JUN 28] Moonlight Movies on the Beach screens Pretty in Pink.
These links might also be helpful for you in exploring L.A. on the cheap in May:
- 75 Fun & Free Things to Do in L.A. Every Angeleno Should Try in 2016
- Here’s a Cheat Sheet of Free Museum Days in L.A. For June
- Our handy listing of discount tickets for Los Angeles events
What are you looking forward to doing this May in Los Angeles? Let us know in the comments below!