You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Step inside The Museum of Illusions in Hollywood and find yourself in a classic painting, part of a cartoon, part of current events, inside movies and much more. Highlights include watching the Titanic go down, “climbing” a sheer cliff and other eye popping visuals. Happening all week. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar.
2. [noon] The Museum of Selfies opened on April 1 and will run till May 31 with 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6:30 p.m.] Strings: Open Performance Evening by the USC Thornton School of Music. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
5. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftop of The Montalban in Hollywood with a screening of I, Tonya. Other screenings this week include The Florida Project, The Big Lebowski, and Back to the Future.
7. [8 p.m.] Matt and Kim at the Hollywood Palladium
8. [various] Stash House, a new escape room in L.A. will allow you and your friends to get actively involved in a crime drama — with zero chance of going to prison. Happening all week.
9. [various] The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
10. [various] After a months-long delay, Candytopia finally brought its immersive, oh-so-sweet Insta-friendly experience to Santa Monica, where it will remain till July 4.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Pasadena (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.