You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Glam dress designer Tadashi Shoji is having a warehouse sample sale August 5-10. Sizes run 00 to 18.
2. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a triple brand sample sale featuring Joie, Current Elliott and Equipment of women’s ready-to-wear and shoes from August 6-11.
3. [2 p.m.] The first-ever Museum of Weed debuted over the weekend. This 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday. Admission starts at $35.
4. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of Pericles Wednesday through Saturday and a performance of Twelfth Night on Sunday. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] HiKing-with-Friends night hike to the Wisdom Tree.
7. [7 p.m.] The Psychedelic Furs + James play the Greek Theatre.
8. [7:35 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
9. [various Think Tank Gallery is teaming up with Pizzaboyzzz and Future Fantasy Delight to present Nothing Cheezy a pizza-fueled, self-aware, selfie-themed pop-up thats a little bit satire and is intentionally too encompassing to be captured in a picture, thus forcing viewers to live inside the art. This is a ticketed experience that takes guests through the “craziest kitchen you’ve ever seen” and thirteen themed environments plus pizza of course. Open all week long.
10. [various] Long Beach’s annual city wide Dine LBC restaurant week August 3-11 will take you on a food exploration in numerous Long Beach neighborhoods. Dozens of participating restaurants are offering special lunch and dinner menus at a discounted price for the occasion.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)